Saturday 27 October 2012

The Midas Touch




Studying for the exams, a day before has never been a stroll in the park. The thought of having a relationship with some 800 page epic of irksome codes and programs within a few hours, will have you down in mouth distressed. Being in a deadlock situation however, the mind orders the hand to take the book and the hand responds with subdued obedience. Going through the uninteresting and  monotonous lines will just cause an agony. Mustering all the powers my concentration level reaches,a pinnacle of 5 long minutes. And to no surprise, the mind digresses to a variety of topics related nothing with the weight grasped in my hands.  These thoughts entangle my brain in a web and the book fails to get my attention. Procrastination is never new and my brain commands to sway with the lazy thoughts deserting the book, just to my jubilation. After getting embroiled in the limbo of discerning notions, a stroke of hand brushes against my hair. The stroke provides an active blitzkrieg effect to my brain, my heart alludes to the fact that it is “THE MIDAS TOUCH” by my mother bringing me back to reality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment